Who will be "China Mobileye", "Huizhou Continental" or "Foshan Delphi"?
“Automotive Electronics” may have become the most popular word in both automotive and electronics industries. It is very likely that it will replace smartphone to become the first driving force in the electronics industry.
Automotive electronics has attracted unprecedented enthusiasm, big interest and huge investment inside and outside the industry.
Behind the high-tech competitions of the depots, the wave of investment is mixed with anxiety, urging us to catch up with the industry's top suppliers. A wave of localization of core components is coming.
(Above) On a well-known auto forum in China, every page of Mobileye's PPT has attracted the audiences to take photos
Will they be "China Mobileye", "Huizhou Continental" or "Foshan Delphi"?
The answer is YES sooner or later. However, when facing opportunities, there are still many hesitant Chinese companies.
At the end of the hot June, 2018 “Future Auto Tech Day” was held as scheduled in Shenzhen.
At the bottom of the automotive transformation ecological chain, automotive electronics suppliers are facing this once-in-a-century revolution, and preparing for the transformation.
No matter Tier 1 or Tier 2 suppliers, or new players, they are all possible to break through in this revolution, in which solid technology is essential.
In 2025 prospect of the worldwide automotive industry, automotive electrification and automotive intelligent networking are undoubtedly becoming the core focus of attention.
“The market share of electric vehicles and hybrid vehicles continues to increase, and this is deeply affecting the automotive industry chain,” said Javier Gao, senior business development manager of Automotive Electronics, Future Electronics, on Future Tech Day. "By 2025, nearly half of the vehicles will be powered by electric or hybrid power. By then, electric vehicles will account for 10%, and various hybrid vehicles will account for 40% of global new vehicle sales."
Electric engines, including hybrids, have been growing rapidly in recent years. After the subsidies are gradually reduced, hybrids will grow rapidly due to energy-saving feature, user experience and proven Chinese suppliers.
With the automotive intelligent networking trend, in the future, through the information technology, vehicles will be able to establish a four-in-one intelligent network system of people, vehicle, road and internet. During driving, the vehicles can access the internet, receive and send information at the same time.The interconnectivity of vehicles and internet will be the key factor
"This means the traditional automotive industry will work closely with related industries, such as consumer electronics, communications, Internet e-commerce, etc. Therefore, the management of the automotive industry must have a cross-industry insight, so as to establish an effective cross-industry cooperation and realize mutual benefit." added Javier Gao.
With mature technology and cost reduction, ADAS-related security technologies such as ACC, FCW, and LDW will grow rapidly.
“In China, the ADAS market is still occupied by international companies such as Bosch, Continental, Autoliv, HELLA, and Mobileye, etc. Most of the local ADAS suppliers are from previous on-board multimedia customers, such as Huayang, Hangsheng, Desay, etc. They focus more on the aftermarket and emerging market."
In this trend of automotive electrification and intelligent networking, Future Electronics can help Chinese customers to penetrate the following segments, provide and improve technical solutions, and secure the supply chain.
This includes not only the two mature automotive solutions by Future Electronics and IDH partners:
• 24/77Ghz radar
• Electric air conditioner compressor solution
At the same time, Future Electronics also provides an excellent product portfolio from the world's top automotive electronics semiconductor manufacturers. On the tech day, the semiconductor manufacturers brought the following latest technical solutions:
- ST's latest automotive-grade solutions, including 24GHz and 77GHz millimeter-wave radars, electric vehicle control unit (VCU) solutions, and battery management system (BMS) solutions.
- ams’ rich range of automotive-grade solutions for detecting roads, cars, and drivers, including: automotive LiDAR, ToF LiDAR, 3D driver and passenger detection, vital signs monitor, and intelligent air conditioner.
- Microchip’s automotive-grade Media Hub Product Solutions: Carplay applications, multi-host operation, USB 3.1 Hub, automotive Ethernet, etc.
- Microchip's automotive-grade power and luminaire solutions, including automotive exterior lighting LED driving solutions, LED turn signal system architecture, automotive bidirectional DC/DC bus converters, etc.
- Vishay's rich solutions for electric vehicles, including hybrid vehicles battery management, electric vehicles infrastructure - charging piles, on-board battery chargers (OBC), EV inverters and converters, BMS, etc.
- Littelfuse’s smart vehicles solutions, including: automotive overvoltage, overcurrent protection, ESD protection, surge protection, etc.
- Maxim's introduction to automotive power supplies for ADAS, automotive surround vision system, on-board infotainment system, instrumentation and head-up display (HUD), etc.
- ON Semiconductor's rich and efficient on-board charger solutions.
- Lattice’s automotive-grade FPGA/CPLD solutions for electric vehicle driving controllers.
- Nexperia’s MOSFETs, protection devices, diodes and transistors in vehicles.
One day is far from enough to explore the development of automotive electronics technologies, from the big trend to the details.
On Site Demo
If you are interested in any of the above technologies and channels, please contact with Future Electronics. We can provide you with the supports and services for the entire automotive electronic ecosystem, to help you win the first place in this competition.